All pupils attending Gaelscoil an Ghoirt Álainn are covered by Allianz 24hr Pupil Personal Accident Insurance, which is funded by Airgead don Scoil.
This means that if your child is a pupil of Gaelscoil an Ghoirt Álainn and they have an accident, any costs not redeemable from your own personal insurer can be claimed from the Allianz school policy. This applies to any accident resulting in a medical or dental injury which occurs:
- at any time during the 24hr day;
- any day of the 365 day year;
- either on or off school property;
- while engaging in school, social, domestic or leisure activities.
To claim medical or dentist costs from the Allianz school policy, simply follow the procedure outlined below:
- Attend any of the following medical facilities: GP/dentist, VHI Swiftcare (VHI customers only), nearest Accident & Emergency dept or Mercy Urgent Care at St Mary’s Health Campus, Gurranabraher (over 10s only and not for head injuries).
- Keep any medical/dental bills or receipts.
- Complete an Accident Report Form (available at medical facility and online, or it can be requested from Allianz directly). The form will need to be signed by the parent/guardian and the principal of the school.
- Return the completed Accident Report form to Allianz at Allianz, Allianz House, Elmpark, Merrion Road, Dublin 4 D04 Y6Y6, along with any accompanying medical/dental bills or receipts, and the school’s policy number.
Note: Allianz do not restrict the time in which follow-on claims can be made. This means that if a pupil has an accident this year Allianz will continue to pay the medical and/or dental expenses (subject to the policy limit of €50,000 for each year) as a result of that accident until the requirement for care has ceased.
Information correct at time of publication. Please consult the school office with any queries.